Inventory Planning Manager
Piqua, OH 45356 US
Inventory Control Manager
Join our team and take the lead in optimizing inventory control, impacting the bottom line of our organization while enjoying competitive pay, excellent benefits, and ongoing training in a safety-conscious work environment. Become an integral part of our mission to provide the highest parts availability and service levels within organizational standards.
Why you should work here:
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Service vehicle, uniforms, and safety equipment provided
- Safety-conscious work environment
- Responsible for all service parts inventory.
- Direct master scheduling activities for finished goods and accessories.
- Establish and manage a KANBAN based replenishment system for kits and purchased parts where appropriate.
- Set inventory objectives and develop Operating Plans for all parts and kits produced, purchased, and distributed.
- Monitor, measure, and oversee implementation of engineering changes to ensure timely and appropriate changes with regard to assembled kits and purchased materials.
- Lead, develop, and mentor the inventory team and assist with projects as needed.
- Lead the cross-functional effort of the purchasing and strategic sourcing teams in inventory analysis as well as risk assessment.
- Plan for and identify root causes of inventory deviation through cause and effect analysis.
- Partners with purchasing to manage and execute SKU reduction based upon sales, cost analysis, and substitutions.
- Responsible for meeting financial goals related to inventory and grading reserve.
- Follow up to ensure compliance and consistency for policies and procedures surrounding Materials Management.
- Interface and act as the liaison between inventory management efforts between different locations.
- Educate, train, coach, and mentor functional and field operational managers and parts coordinators/administrators in the applications, use, and implementation of inventory management concepts and tools.
- Partners with field organization (parts and operational management) to ensure parts inventory is optimized (right place, right time) to support organizational goals.
- Design and execute the group’s strategic Inventory Management initiatives, including supply market analysis, strategy development, management of new parts introductions, and requests for adjustments to inventory management processes.
- Implement and maintain a “Branch Inventory Scorecard” to assist in the management of Branch and Truck inventory levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in supply management, finance, accounting, business administration, or related field, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in procurement, inventory management, or distribution.
- Desired Education/Experience: Master’s in business administration (MBA) is preferred, but not required.
- Certificates and Licenses: APICS certification is preferred, but not required.